- To carry out the educational process in a way that guarantees that students meet the requirements of the National educational standards.
- To revive the educational experience of The Tsarskoe Selo Lyceum aimed at shaping and developing students' intellectual, moral and civil values.
- To create the framework to foster the development of individual talents of each student.
- To provide the framework for the students' gradual development from functional literacy through to cultural competence.
- To shape, maintain and develop pupils' interest in learning foreign languages.
- To provide opportunities for the students' pre-professional development in high school.
- To create the necessary conditions to ensure the students' health and personal safety and to provide the students with the knowledge and skills necessary to live a secure life in the future.
The basis of the educational program is a competence approach aimed at developing students' skills in general learning, self-education, problem solving, and acquiring socio-personal skills.
This approach is implemented in the format of an integral program which provides systematical development in the four groups of competences: communicative, reflexive, informative and intellectual.
The program is carried out through academic disciplines, a series of public examinations, study trips, games, festivals, projects, etc.
The mutual work of students and teachers, teamwork, collective decision-making and active learning are considered to be key to the success of the school's educational program.